Friday, December 02, 2005

BEST OF 2005 - A Magical Musical Odyssey

As 2005 draws to a close, allow me to share my top 10 favorite albums of the year. Enjoy:

1). Animal Collective, "Feels" - If you don't think AC is the best band of our generation then you are a troglodyte. A TROGLODYTE!
2). Wolf Parade, "Apologies to the Queen Mary" - It's awesomeness like this that makes me want to sleep with every Canadian I meet. Roadtrip to Montreal, anyone?
3). Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, s/t - Clap Your Hands Say Holy Crap This Band Is Amazing.
4). Sufjan Stevens, "Illinoise" - I was recently told by a certain fella I know that Sufjan is way Christian. If such a rumor is true then thank you Jesus and I'll see you on Sunday.
5). Grizzly Bear, "Horn Of Plenty" - I want to marry this band.
6). Blood On The Wall, "Awesomer" - This album IS awesomer then their debut so they're not liars. Taco Belle hates liars.
7). The Joggers, "With A Cape And A Cane" - I used to think Portland was a pretty crappy town. I have since changed my mind. Their music is a sweet combo of every band that I love (see numbers 1-6).
8). Gogol Bordello, "Gypsy Punks: Underdog World Strike" - Immigrant punk. It's a killer combo... it makes me want to drink vodka, eat meat and show my boobs to them (not you).
9). Bloc Party, "Silent Alarm" - I know, I know, but come on! How could anyone NOT love this band?
10). Bonnie "Prince" Billy and Matt Sweeny, "Superwolf" - This album is beautiful and lovely. Listen to it!

Other notables:
- Black Mountain, s/t
- Dungen, "Ta det lugnt"
- Wilderness, s/t (excellent psych rock)
- We Are Wolves, "Non-Stop Je Te Plie En Deux" (there must be some crazy breast milk in Montreal, for reals)
- Caribou, "The Milk of Human Kindness" (fantabulous electro)
- Gang Gang Dance, "God's Money"

AND FINALLY, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments: